FREE ZONE GENERAL INFORMATION
Famous for local specialties and its wide variety of international dishes.
The Curaçao Free Trade Zone located at the harbor has establish it self as a regional distribution center. The majority of the companies establish in the Free Zone are trading companies that distribute products from the United States, Europe and Asia to the Caribbean and Latin America. The Curaçao Free Trade Zone offers a variety of merchandise such as: clothing, textile products, cosmetics, shoes, household articles, electronics and many other goods.
The Curaçao Free Zone opening/ closing hours:
Monday to Friday open from 8.00 hours to 18.00 hours
Saturday open from 8:00 to 15:00 hours
Sunday open from 10.00 to 15.00 hours.
Closed on official holidays!
How it works!
• The client buys, packs and commission goods at the Free Zone companies.
• The Free Zone companies deliver these goods to the distribution center, where they are received and stored by the Curaçao Free Zone Distributor.
• After payment of handling and delivery charges by the client, goods are collected at the counter in the Customs area.
• Thereafter the client may then again section, repack and prepare the goods for shipping.
• The client then proceeds with the goods (duly packed), passport, airline ticket, immigration card and airport tax coupon to the airline’s check-in counter located in the same area building.
• The airline weights the package(s) and determine if and how much overweight must be paid at the airlines cashier adjacent to the check-incounters.
• In case of overweight-charges or once these have been paid, the airline then checks-in the package(s) and dispatches them to the airport in vehicles sealed by Customs officials. By this time the client (passenger) is completely checked-in and ready for travel.
• At the airport the package(s) will be delivered to the airline undersupervision.
Check-in opening/ closing hours:
• The check in facility opens from Monday to Friday at 12.00 hours and closes at 19.00 hours, on
Saturday from 10:00 hours – 15:00 hours. Closed on Sunday and on official holidays!
• All passengers present in the building at closing time will be handled.
• No goods will be received and no passengers will be allowed into the building after 19.00
• Check-in will be done the whole day and flights will be closed for check-in 4 hours before
departure-time. The flight schedules will be announced in advance.
• Flights departing before 13.00 hours are handled and checked-in the day before.
Reminder for the Free Zone buyers!
• A valid passport
• Your airline ticket
• The immigration card
For more information, please contact the Free Zone Association of Curacao (FREZACUR) at:
Tel: (599-9) 465-6070, (599-9) 560-4004 or (599-9) 461-6192
Fax: (599-9) 465-6101